The Benefits of on-cloud deployment
On-cloud deployment enables organizations to choose the best delivery mechanism for their corporate environment
With Cognos TM1 on Cloud, organizations and users can take advantage of the full breadth of capabilities of Cognos TM1 — planning, budgeting, forecasting, scorecarding and what-if profitability analysis — but with the freedom and flexibility of a cloud-based solution.
Cognos TM1 on Cloud offers many benefits, including:
- Lower cost of ownership: Cloud deployment enables organizations to reduce IT overhead and increase utilization rates using less hardware.
- Faster time to value: Cloud-based solutions enable the rapid deployment of planning, budgeting, forecasting, scorecarding and analysis capabilities, so that users can make productive use of the software more quickly.
- Scalability: Organizations can add users as needed without worrying about procuring new hardware and other infrastructure components.
- Less strain on IT resources: Because your internal IT organization does not need to install or operate the cloud-based solution, you can reduce or bypass any IT backlog.
- Cost accounting: With an on-cloud solution you can eliminate up-front expenditures and ongoing costs for capital equipment, software licenses, and IT infrastructure and resources. Organizations gain by shifting costs from capital to operating expenses.